|Date of Issue||June 29, 1995|
|Perforation or Dimension||13|
|Printer||Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited.|
|Mint - Never Hinged - Very Fine||Only available to paid users|
|Used - Very Fine||Only available to paid users|
The hidden date for this stamp can be found along the right edge of the building.
Nova Scotia's Lunenburg Academy was officially opened on November 7, 1895, after a previous structure burned down in 1893. Gallows Hill, chosen as the new site for the Academy, commands one of the most spectacular views in the province. To this day, Lunenburg Academy provides an example of excellence in Canadian architectural standards. The Lunenburg Academy is the only surviving 19th-century academy system still operating as a school today - Lunenburg Elementary School. The three-storey structure measures 27 metres by 38 metres, housing 13 rooms for 600 students from grade one to 11. The Academy represents a superb period of school construction in Nova Scotia, featuring beautifully panelled white wood ceilings, floors and wainscotting of birch, and the rest of the interior finish in ash and birch.